The schedule for the Colorado Field Institute 2016/2017 Winter Lecture series follows. Remember, these presentations are free and open to the public.
All talks will begin at 7 p.m., and except for January 25th, will be held on the Adams State University Campus, Porter Hall, room 130. Hope to see you there!
- December 7: "San Luis Valley groundwater pumping rules".Craig Cotten, Division Engineer for Colorado Division of Water Resources, Alamosa
- January 25: Restoration of Rio Grande Cutthroat Trout, Ben Felt, Colorado Parks and Wildlife, Area Aquatic Biologist in Grand Junction (Held in Cavillo's upstairs meeting room)
- February 22: Elk monitoring initiative in southern San Juan Mountains. Brent Frankland, Colorado Parks and Wildlife, Monte Vista Office
- March 29: The wild world of sand dunes-- how the Great Sand Dunes compare to other dunes. Andrew Valdez, National Park Service at Great Sand Dunes National Park
- May 3rd: Hidden History of the Upper Rio Grande. Sandra Wagner, Author and ASU Adjunct Faculty